Having a baby can be a stressful time, especially if you’re trying to sort out other important issues at the same time: like finding somewhere to live, or sorting out benefits, or dealing with health problems.
Auntie Pam’s peer-support volunteers help hundreds of mothers to make positive and confident parenting choices by:
- Giving friendly support and encouragement to clients.
- Finding information and signposting clients to other local services.
- Keeping client records up to date.
- Making refreshments for clients & Keeping the centre clean & tidy.
- Representing Auntie Pam’s in Kirklees.
This is an ideal role for: Anyone who has been a mum and has some time to spare.
Time commitment: 3 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
Locations: Come and join our volunteers at Auntie Pam’s, supporting mums-to-be at our Drop-In centres in Huddersfield and Dewsbury.
Training: Before taking up this role we expect you to undertake a 7 week mandatory induction training, 4 hours each session. We will provide professional support and supervision throughout.
Apply now or find out more
Lisa (Dewsbury) 01924 436316 or
Diane (Huddersfield) 01484 414755
or drop us a line: