Last week I found out 50% of the UK population is on Facebook, 30% on YouTube and 25% on twitter and Instagram. That means at least 100,000 people are using social media in Kirklees. This got me thinking about how we make the best use of these platforms to share the good work we are doing in Kirklees far and wide.
That’s why it’s great we can get John Popham to help us make the most of stories we tell. John will help us to;
- Understand the purpose and power of social media and storytelling and how it can benefit your work directly;
- Know how to capture and share content on the move;
- Know how to use smartphones to capture high quality video, audio and photography;
- Understand and use the best equipment for the job;
- Put our newly developed social media and storytelling skills into practice;
To book on to this masterclass please follow the link here. Places are limited and are on a first come first served basis so book now to avoid missing out on this opportunity.
I also came across a very useful toolkit for social media use so if you are unable to attend take a look at ‘The Charity Social Media Toolkit’ produced by Skills Platform. The aim of it is to help organisations become more effective with their use of social media. It can be accessed here