Monday 6th June 9.30-4.30
Cathedral House, Saint Thomas Road, Huddersfield, HD1 3LG
This year we are focused on impact. Colleagues from public, private and third sectors will hear about new innovations and share great practice on working effectively with volunteers and enhancing and evidencing the phenomenal impact they deliver.
We have made the day’s activities flexible so people can attend the morning conference, or the afternoon masterclass, or both. Just state on your booking which you would like to attend.
This event is for people from across the public, private and third sectors working with or planning to work volunteers. As in previous years, we are based in Kirklees but colleagues and friends from across the North of England and beyond are more than welcome to join us.
Our keynote speaker, Rob Jackson, is an international voice on volunteering in the 21st Century. He will talk about national and international trends in making sure that the impact of volunteering is high on everyone’s agenda.
Our workshops, hosted by a variety of experts will include:
- Measuring Volunteering – Exploring ways you can show the impact, celebrate success and prove the value of your volunteers.
- Working with Business Volunteers – Hear directly from businesses on what will attract them to your cause. Businesses want to work with you to make a real impact in our communities. .
- Developing meaningful volunteer roles – Working out what you really need from your volunteers and describing it better will help attract the right volunteers for the impact you want
- Marketing your organisation – How to make an impact with your marketing and attract volunteers to you as well as how to make your organisation volunteer friendly.
- Happy Hour – How to create attractive short term, one off micro volunteering opportunities that still have impact. And how just one happy hour can lead to many more.
Over lunch, you are warmly invited to spend time networking with colleagues from across the region.
Safeguarding and Working with Volunteers – the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and Your Organisation
Lyn Gavin, Partnership Engagement Lead from the Disclosure & Barring Service will deliver definitive and specialist guidance on how this service works, when you should be applying it and what it means for your organisation and your work with volunteers.
To book your place, please follow the link below.
We look forward to seeing you there.
The People Helping People Team